This is a blog about my research findings for the essay in English 102. We had to write about the field, or career we are going into, so I choose physical therapy. The research for this was difficult at first, but then it was easier as soon as I adjusted my topic to fit the findings. I found the research interesting, and surprising at the same time. There was a lot that I did not know that physical therapy treated. When I found out how much it treated, I found this essay easier to write. There was more diseases and disabilities than I could have imagined. The most significant group of people needing physical therapy is the elderly. The research I did on the elderly made me realize how physical therapy can give them their life back. I want to be able to do as much in my 80’s as I do now, so I can imagine the heart break when you cannot do the everyday things you could as a middle aged person.
This paper was also difficult to write at first because I have not written a paper in over 10 years. Last time I did a research paper I did not use any online sources. I think writing a paper using all the online tools made it much more convenient and accessible. For instance, I could look up research with my kids running around screaming and do dishes at the same time! Now if I took my kids to the library, they would all be paddled, and the dishes would still be dirty hours later. I enjoyed the research essay because I was able to design it and see the end product. I loved being able to add graphs, and charts. I think these really add character to the paper and break it up so it is easier to read. Now, I will wait for Professors Brooks’ comments and hope for the best!

I think that you will be wonderful in this field. You already have the passion and the heart, from what I can see by your writing. I know you will be one of those people who get up in the morning and acturally say, "I love my job". Best of luck.
ReplyDeleteBeing someone who needed physical therapy, I know how important it is to the patient if the therapist is happy doing his or her job. I dislocated my shoulder and needed to work it out every couple of days and get electoshock therapy. The confidence of my theripist made it easier for me to do it.
ReplyDeleteThe internet really does make the research writing process efficient and usefel. I've always had the internet, but I'm sure that things used to be much different 15-20 years ago. I also think that pyshical therapy is a great career choice, especially if you are passionate about it. Good luck on your journey to success!
ReplyDeleteI think you would be great in this field. I like that fact that you want to help the ederly. I hope that I can do as much when I am older too.
ReplyDeleteThis looks like a really interesting field. I think you are someone who is well needed and would be excellent in this field. You are such a nice and caring person who would want to see everyone suceed.
ReplyDeleteI had the same problem you did at first writing my paper its just been so long since i've wrote a research paper its almost like a had a mental block up. I'd sit down infront of the computer and stare. Its not like I didn't know about my subject or didn't have my information just that mental blockage set in, I was finally able to get over it and write myself a pretty good research paper, good post!
ReplyDelete